7 Jul 2014

Review for Divergent by Veronica Roth


Okay, everybody knows this series right! Well I only started with them when they made a huge fuss about them with the block buster movie.

And I have to say I was quite surprise. Now everyone that knows me, I'm not a huge dystophian fan. For some reason I struggle to connect with the characters, but I have to say this novel of Veronica Roth blew me away and I can't wait for the movie to come on DVD so I can see what they made of it.

It follows sixteen year old Tris...for those of you that still don't know about the series. Tris grew up in a faction that was selfless, they served others to the maximum extend, but she had many questions, and when she had to go for a test that would show her what type of person she would become,...I suck with names so sorry I can not remember the faction names, except the Dauntless... it showed her multiply fractions.

You think it's good, it's not!!!

Having multiply factions mean that you are Divergent. The people see them as dangerous and Tris has been warned. She made a choice that she was Dauntless. A fraction for the brave that protect others, but only later once that she started her initiation with the Dauntless that they grew from track to what they should be, and most of them a cruel and brutal when it comes to training these initiations.



There is even  a bit of romance between Tris and Four, and if you want to know how Four got his name, well you have to read Divergent.

It is packed with danger and dare devil stunts and a real page turner, although I got to worn you, it didn't hook me from the start and I only got into the story around page 15. I'm glad I did stick with reading it, I haven't read something this good in a long time and I can see why Veronica Roth got a movie deal for this series.

Now all I can do is start reading Insurgent and wait for the DVD to come out and meet all the characters in real life. After all Natalie, Tris's mom is played by my favorite actress, Ashley Judd and she is one kick ass woman, which I think was a perfect roll for her.

Till Later



No comments:

Post a Comment